Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Source of Strength

I have to start this article by asking all of you who read my blog to forgive me. I have been writing this page for awhile now and haven't given any credit or praise to God for all he has done for me in my life.
I have used this page as a way to communicate to all who will listen about my cycling and training experiences and that is all fine and dandy but when I leave out the source of my strength and motivation it's all for nothing! That source is the Lord Jesus Christ! He is the fiber by which all is held together, just research laminin, the very protein that holds our cells together and you'll see that it is in the shape of the cross! Yes, the cross that Jesus hung on to give his life for the payment of all our sins. The bible tells us that he is the way the truth and the life, and that no man cometh unto the father but by me. Basically the one way to be able to get into heaven is by belief in Jesus, and no other. Don't shoot the messenger, it's Gods word! I just happen to beleive it's true. So with that said, I now can begin a new outlook for this blog, still about cycling and related stuff, but sharing my faith along the way. After all, God is the source of all my strength, motivation and desire.
I began this day with a nice breakfast with my two beloved ladies(Valerie and Evie)as I usually do. On the way to work Valerie called and said that she had forgotten a couple of bowls that she intended to use for her science lesson today in her 5th grade class. Well as the good husband would do I located them and loaded up in the jeep and took off to deliver them. On the way back I began to listen to some very motivating David Phelps tunes and my heart began to well up with thanks to God whom has been so good to me! I was beginning a round of worship that lasted for an hour or so after I got home. This hasn't happened to me in a very long time since I have been less than the Christian I am supposed to be. I recently began a new study and prayer process that my sunday school teacher and dear freind Gary Edwards had introduced to our whole class. It began with Psalm 91 and is now into Ephisians 6. It talks about being "in Christ". This may sound strange to you or may be familiar sounding but when you really listen to what that says you'll find that instead of Christ being in us it says to be "in Christ"! How is this? I encourage you to find out by reading Psalm 91 and then going to, http://undertheshadowofgod.wordpress.com/ and reading what my dear brother has to say abut this awesome passage of scripture. You will be blessed indeed!

1 comment: