Saturday, January 22, 2011

Riding with Stephen and Jim

Today was a enjoyable day of winter spinning with my two buds Jim and Stephen. We headed out from Jim's place for a 25 mile winter training ride that almost turned into a bonk-fest by yours truly. We started the ride off with a nice warm-up pace of 15mph or so and slowly ramped it up a bit. I was doing fine as well as my two faithful companions until a fairly steep, but short(so I thought) hill on one of the secluded roads in the townville/fairplay area. I decided to stay on Shephen's wheel and put forth a leg shattering performance that would rival even the best(fat guy)climbers in the area. I very soon regreted that descision and never really recovered from it, sending me to the back of our trio for the rest of the ride. The last 3-4 miles were better and I was able to scrape enough strength to shoot a short video and a couple of cameraphone pics. So congrats to Jim for dropping me, I'm sure it was a huge boost to his ego! As usual Stephen didn't exert himself even the slightest bit. I know the back of his Kestrel well...whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment