Sunday, February 20, 2011

Motocross kids



While cycling has taken a break this saturday we were still busy doing something fun and interesting. My son Robbie and I went down to Orangeburg to get the new(used) honda CR250R that I had been looking at and talking about for the last couple of weeks. I wanted to get another motocross bike to ride with the kids on theirs and it finally worked out! I sat them up on it while on the stand and took their picture. Then they got side by side an it looked like Evie was the mini-me! Anyway they loved it and were in awe of the new Big bike.
I too was somewhat in awe of it when I rode it the first time and realized that I had not ridden a full blown motocross bike this fast in a very long time, the thing is a BEAST! Fast isn't the word, scary more sums it up; but by the end of yesterday after playing in the field with it I finally got used to the power and could relax a bit. After about 20 minutes though my arms pumped up so bad I had to get off of it for fear of hurting myself. More cycling stories to come next week, but for now the motocrossing will have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment