Thursday, February 3, 2011

February 2nd Windy Ride

I took off from the house this morning hoping that the wind would slack off a bit as the day went on, but I was wrong.
My motivation came from thinking of just how bad I wanted to ride well this spring and all of the upcoming events that I didn't want to trail at the end of the group. My training this year has been sporatic at best due to the awful weather we have been having here and I just didn't want to make excuses for myself. Lord knows I wanted to stay on the couch and be a veggie-burger.
The ride went pretty well though in spite of 25mph gusts and 15-20mph sustained winds. I burned more than expected calories for the time out and that was positive also.
Coming up in april, on the 2nd, I am directing the first "Foothills Flyer" cycling event from our church, Golden Creek Baptist Church near Liberty, SC. The event will feature a metric-century and a half-metric. The long route will feature the well-known Dug Mountain climb that ascends up from the little Eastatoee Creek on Roy F. Jones rd. Then the Bob's Place climb out to Hwy 178 back down to Hwy 11. the short route will have more of the same great scenery without the big climbs.
We will have full SAG support and staffed rest stops with food and fluids along the way. T-shirts and a cookout meal will be provided for the riders after they return from their journey.
I am proud and delighted to be able to put a nice ride together and hope many will participate. The proceeds will benefit our youth program and will help in making sure that the kids of our area have something positive to do.
Click on the Active.com tab in my links to go to the registration for the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment